If you like milkshakes, you will love this easy Baileys Cookies and Cream Milkshake dessert cocktail recipe! It's the adult version of the classic cookies and cream shake – and it tastes just as good as you remember.
Looking for a fun dessert cocktail? It doesn't get much better than this boozy Baileys cookies and cream milkshake!
Take your milkshakes up a notch by adding sweet creamy liqueur, crunchy chocolate cookies, and lots of tasty toppings. It's one of the easiest Baileys cocktails to make.
Here's what you'll need to make it
While some recipes for milkshake cocktails use vodka, this recipe omits the vodka and uses Baileys in place of the milk for an alcoholic milkshake. It’s a quick and easy way to make boozy shakes. (You can make an adult version of your favorite milkshake the same way by swapping out the milk for Irish cream liqueur.)
- Bailey's Irish Cream – I used original Baileys for this drink, but you can use any flavor that goes with Oreos. Salted caramel, Almande (made with almond milk), or Vanilla Cinnamon would be good here. You could also use a creamy white chocolate liqueur.
- Chocolate sandwich cookies – original Oreos are perfect for a classic cookies and cream flavor. You can also use any of the flavored Oreos, like chocolate hazelnut, java chip, or birthday cake, if you want to change it up. I used these Goodie Girl cookies to make a gluten-free version, and they were really good.
How to serve it
Pour your boozy shake in a glass or mason jar and go crazy with the toppings. You can even set up a topping bar and let everyone customize their own dessert drink.
Be sure to serve it with a straw and a spoon to eat all the crunchy add-ons – especially the large cookie crumbles that won't fit through the straw.
Pro tip: look for smoothie straws that have a larger diameter. They work better for thick milkshakes.
Here are some fun toppings to try:
- Top it with swirls of whipped cream
- Garnish with a couple of whole cookies
- Or cover it with cookie crumbles (or both!)
- Add an extra scoop of ice cream to the rim of the glass
- Top it with mini chocolate chips or mini marshmallows
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup inside the glass before you put the milkshake, or on top of the whipped cream
- Top it with a maraschino cherry
- Rim the glass with shaved chocolate or sprinkles (dip the rim in chocolate syrup first)
No matter how you make it, everyone will love this fun grown-up milkshake!
More dessert drink recipes with Baileys
- Boozy Birthday Cake Adult Milkshake
- A Deliciously Boozy Shamrock Shake
- Godiva Chocolate Martini
- Easy Salted Caramel Martini
- Hot Chocolate With Baileys
- Easy Espresso Martini With Baileys and Kahlua
- ¼ cup Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- 2 cups (1 pint) vanilla bean ice cream
- 6 chocolate sandwich cookies, plus more for topping
- Whipped cream for topping, optional
- Add Baileys, ice cream, and cookies to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish as desired.