These 21 boozy milkshakes will tempt you to try a decadent dessert drink. With so many creative recipes, it’s hard to choose which one to try first!
What are boozy milkshakes? They’re the adult version of your favorite milkshake—the ice cream-based version of a frozen cocktail. They’re perfect to sip by the pool, on vacation or your staycation.
One thing they all have in common is sweet creamy ice cream shop flavors. Not to mention the liqueur or liquor that makes them decadent adult beverages. Whether you indulge in cocktails or dessert, you’re sure to find something you love on this list.
On my last Caribbean cruise, there was a full menu of adult milkshakes at the coffee bar that inspired me to get creative with making frozen dessert drinks at home.
These recipes include milkshakes made with vodka, rum, whiskey or scotch as well as flavored liqueurs like Irish cream and Kahlua—and every combination in between. They recreate your favorite desserts from cookies and cream to s’mores to cake batter and more.
Garnished with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, strawberries or cookies, these alcoholic milkshake recipes make showstopping desserts.
Boozy milkshake recipes to try
Milkshakes with Irish cream
Irish cream, a blend of sweet cream and Irish whiskey, is a natural ingredient in these boozy recipes. You can easily spike any shake by using Irish cream liqueur in place of all or part of the milk for an adult version of your favorite milkshake.
- Boozy Shamrock Shake Recipe from coastalwandering.com
- Frozen Mudslide Recipe with Irish Cream from orwhateveryoudo.com
- Delicious Alcoholic Milkshake Infused With Irish Cream from diycandy.com
- White Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milkshakes from nospoonnecessary.com
- Rocky Road Milkshake With Toasted Marshmallow Sprinkles from papernstitchblog.com
Recipes with vodka
You can get creative with flavored vodkas in these shake recipes. Try whipped cream or cake flavored vodka—it pairs so well with vanilla ice cream! And what could be better than an alcoholic milkshake version of cookies and cream? Or a fun and festive shake with pop rocks?
- Boozy Baileys Oreo Milkshake from thechunkychef.com
- Boozy Fireworks Shake (with pop rocks!) from sheknows.com
- Nutella Milkshake from diningwithalice.com
- Lavender And White Chocolate Milkshakes from floatingkitchen.net
- Cake Batter Milkshake from cookienameddesire.com
- Boozy Pumpkin Pie Milkshake from momentswithmandi.com
Whiskey, scotch, and rum milkshakes
While whiskey and scotch may not immediately come to mind for liquor milkshakes, these recipes blend the flavors creatively with chocolate and espresso. And rum adds an island flavor and vacation vibe to your dessert drink!
- Boozy Chocolate Milkshake With Whisky from jessicagavin.com
- Maple Whiskey Milkshake With Espresso from rachelcooks.com
- Boozy S’mores Milkshake from cookienameddesire.com
- Coconut Rum Shakes from bakedbree.com
- Dirty Banana Frozen Milkshake Recipe from sugarandsoul.co
Add coffee with Kahlua
Kahlua brings that perfect spiked coffee flavor to these shakes—and it’s even better paired with chocolate or cookies. Perfect for your after-dinner coffee and dessert in one!
- Kahlua Mocha Milkshake from damndelicious.net
- Boozy Brandy and Kahlúa Milkshakes from justataste.com
- Kahlua Cookies And Cream Milkshake from damndelicious.net
- Kahlua Cookie Dough Milkshake from damndelicious.net
- Frozen Chocolate Mudslide from thechunkychef.com
What’s your favorite milkshake flavor? Have you ever made it a boozy shake? Share in the comments below!