This chocolate martini recipe with Godiva and Baileys is the perfect cocktail for dessert or any time you need a little chocolate. It’s a smooth, creamy, decadent, and chocolatey indulgence for holiday or everyday celebrations!
This cocktail is so easy, but it includes all the yummy flavors of your favorite chocolate truffles—including Godiva chocolate and sweet Irish cream!
Here’s what you’ll need to make it
For this chocolate martini, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients. I’ve included a few different options for each.
- Godiva Chocolate Liqueur – Godiva chocolate is the star of the show here. I used the original version, but you can also use the dark chocolate or white chocolate flavors in this recipe. All three will give you that decadent chocolate flavor, it’s just a matter of what kind of chocolate you prefer.
- Baileys Irish Cream – this adds to the sweetness and creaminess of the drink. You actually have a lot of options here—you can use any cream liqueur but I use the original Baileys because it’s easier to find. They also make an espresso cream version, a salted caramel flavor, and an almond milk version that you can use instead.
- Vodka – there are so many options for vodka. I use plain vodka because that’s what I keep stocked at home (I’m partial to Ciroc). But you can use vanilla, coconut, caramel, marshmallow, or any other vodka flavor that you like. If it’s a flavor you would find in a truffle, try it in your cocktail!
- Cream – this is optional depending on how strong you like your martinis. It makes it even creamier and tones down the alcohol a bit. You can use half and half, heavy cream, coconut milk, or even nut milk. If you like Nutella, this hazelnut milk would be amazing in it!
- Cacao powder – I use cacao powder to sprinkle on top because that’s what I keep at home for baking, making hot chocolate, and dusting on coffee drinks. But you always can use cocoa powder or chocolate mix if that’s what you have.
As far as bar equipment, you’ll definitely want a cocktail shaker to shake and chill your drink (this one has a built-in strainer).
And be sure to use classic martini glasses to serve it!
Top your martini with a dusting of cacao powder for a little extra chocolate flavor. Or drizzle chocolate syrup inside the glass before pouring your martini.
For a festive look, rim the glass with a mixture of grated chocolate and sugar. Just pour a little chocolate syrup onto a small plate and dip the rim of the glass in it. Then dip it in a dish of the chocolate sugar mix.
More fun and festive cocktails to try
- The Perfect Pumpkin Spice Martini
- Espresso Martini With Baileys and Kahlua
- Easy Salted Caramel Martini With Baileys
- Hot Chocolate With Baileys To Warm You Up
- How To Make Boozy Shamrock Shakes
- Easy Pina Colada Recipe With Coconut Milk
- 2 ounces Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 ounce Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 ounce vodka
- splash of heavy cream or half and half (optional)
- Cacao or cocoa powder for garnish
- Add ice, Godiva, Baileys, vodka, and cream if using to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake until blended. Then strain into a martini glass and garnish with a sprinkle of cacao powder.