This minty Shamrock Martini with Baileys and vodka is the perfect cocktail to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!
This cocktail is so easy and it has all the flavors of your favorite Shamrock Shake---but made with Baileys Irish Cream and vodka!
This sweet martini is the perfect after-dinner drink for an Irish-inspired meal or St. Patty's Day party.
Here's what you'll need to make it
For this Shamrock martini, you'll need just a few basic ingredients to make a deliciously sweet, creamy, and festive green cocktail.
- Baileys Irish Cream - this adds the sweetness and creaminess of the drink. There are several different flavors of Baileys but stick with the original plain cream liqueur here so it goes with the mint flavor. You can also use the almond milk version instead if you prefer.
- Peppermint Vodka - this adds the minty flavor. I used Smirnoff Peppermint Twist, but you can use whatever mint-flavored vodka you have. Peppermint schnapps or creme de menthe would work as well, although it may make the drink a little sweeter.
- Green food coloring - this is optional but it gives the cocktail a fun green color like the McDonald's Shamrock Shake. Use it sparingly, just one or two drops of green will add the light green color. Note, if you use a green creme de menthe you can skip the green food coloring.
- Cream - this is optional depending on how strong you like your martini. It will make it more creamy and tone down the alcohol a little bit. You can use heavy cream, half and half, or even whole milk.
To shake up this cocktail, you'll need some basic bar equipment. A simple cocktail shaker makes it easier to shake and chill your drink (this one has a built-in strainer).
And be sure to use a classic cocktail glass to serve it!
Top your martini with a little whip cream and a cherry if you really want to channel the Shamrock Shake vibe.
Or you can rim the glass with green sanding sugar. Just pour a little simple syrup onto a small plate and dip the rim of the glass in it. Then dip it in a dish of sugar. For the sugared mint leaves in the photo, just dip the wet leaves into a bowl of sugar.
However you make it, you're sure to love this minty Baileys Shamrock martini!
More dessert cocktails to try
- Green Apple Martini Recipe
- Godiva Chocolate Martini That's Perfect For Dessert
- The Perfect Pumpkin Spice Martini
- Espresso Martini With Baileys and Kahlua
- Easy Salted Caramel Martini With Baileys
- Key Lime Pie Martini Recipe
- Boozy Mint Chocolate Chip Shakes
- 2 ounces Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- 2 ounces peppermint vodka
- 1 - 2 drops green food coloring
- splash of heavy cream or half and half (optional)
- Add ice, Baileys, peppermint vodka, and cream if using to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake until chilled and blended. Then strain into a martini glass.