This easy Oreo peppermint bark recipe is perfect for the holidays. And it’s so good you won’t believe it takes just 3 ingredients and a few minutes to make. It’s a great DIY gift project to get the whole family involved!
One of the best things about the holidays is all the special food we make for this time of year. Whether it’s Christmas cookies or homemade candy, it’s something we all look forward to enjoying.
If you’re looking for an easy holiday treat to make this year, you can’t go wrong with this festive red and white chocolate bark. With everyone’s favorite flavors of candy canes and cookies and cream, it’s the perfect homemade food gift for Christmas.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED
With just 3 ingredients you can keep in your pantry, you’ll be able to whip up a batch of white chocolate peppermint bark anytime.
White chocolate chips – since the white chocolate is the base for this bar, you want to make sure it tastes great, melts smoothly, and hardens well to keep your bark together. You can use chopped white chocolate bars or white candy melts, but I find these white baking chips work best for this recipe and have the best flavor.
Chocolate sandwich cookies – this cookie bark uses original single stuff Oreos that have been chopped or crumbled into small pieces. You can also buy the cookies already crumbled to make this recipe even easier!
Peppermint hard candies – the traditional red and white swirl candies or red and white candy canes add the peppermint flavor and holiday color.
Chopping or crushing the candy can be a little challenging. You can use a food processor, but I’ve found using a large heavy knife to chop them or putting them in a plastic bag and crushing with a rolling pin to be easier. (But the easiest way is buying crushed candy cane pieces!)
Parchment paper – be sure to use parchment to spread the white chocolate and build your bark on. This makes it easy to remove from the baking sheet once it hardens.
Spatulas – I use a silicone spatula (this one is similar) to stir the chocolate and scrape it out of the bowl.
And an icing spatula makes spreading the chocolate evenly on the baking sheet much easier.
There are so many creative ways you can change up this Christmas bark for everyone to love!
Make vegan peppermint bark – it’s easy to make this recipe for your vegan friends and family with just a few simple ingredient swaps. These white chocolate baking chips, these chocolate creme sandwich cookies, and these candy canes are vegan.
For the chocolate lovers – melt some dark chocolate and drizzle it over the top of the bark–or swap out all of the white chocolate for milk chocolate to wow your chocolate-loving friends.
Change the cookie flavors – try different flavors of Oreos, like the winter design with red filling to add more color or the mint flavor to make it extra minty.
Make gingerbread version – swap the chocolate Oreos for their seasonal gingerbread flavor or other gingerbread creme cookies for a white chocolate gingerbread bark!
Swap the candy – try using thin chocolate mints instead of hard peppermint candy for a different version.
How to gift it
There are so many festive ideas for packaging food gifts, but a gift box is best for wrapping chocolate bark so it doesn’t break. Here are a few creative gift boxes:
- These clear macaron boxes let the treats inside show through. Just tie them with a red ribbon and a mini candy cane for a festive look.
- If you use these square glass jars, the jar becomes part of the gift that they can reuse for pantry storage.
- These snowmen cookie boxes with handles are so cute.
- I love the red and white snowflake bakery boxes too.
- These Christmas cookie boxes with windows come in a 12-pack if you’re making a bunch of gifts.
- And if you have extra boxes at home, large jewelry gift boxes like the one in the photo below work well too. You can wrap or tie them with ribbons.
However you make it, everyone will love this delicious and simple cookies and cream white chocolate peppermint bark!
More festive dessert recipes to try
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Dip
- How To Make Boo Meringue Cookies
- 20 Old Fashioned Fudge Recipes To Make Now
- 21 Creative S’mores Inspired Recipes
- 21 Boozy Milkshakes To Make For Dessert
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 10 - 12 Oreo or other chocolate sandwich cookies, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup crushed hard peppermint candies or candy canes (about 12 candies or 3 candy canes)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chips in a microwave-safe bowl on high for 30 seconds. Stir, then continue to heat in 15-second intervals, stirring each time until almost melted. Stir well until completely melted and smooth.
- Spread half of the melted white chocolate in an even layer 1/4-inch thick on the parchment paper. Sprinkle with crumbled cookies and press lightly into the chocolate.
- Drizzle with remaining melted chocolate covering as much of the cookie crumbs as possible. Sprinkle with crushed candy.
- Let bark harden completely, then break into pieces.