Nothing beats the heat like a frosty summer treat---especially if it's a frozen version of your favorite cocktail on a stick! These easy-to-make boozy popsicles are perfect for lounging by the pool or the beach all summer long.
These boozy popsicles are ideal for your backyard BBQ or summer staycation. And if you're headed to the beach for vacation, make up a batch to stash in the freezer at your Airbnb, house, condo or vacation rental.
How to make boozy popsicles
While rum and tequila-based ice pops are probably the most popular, you can make boozy pops with everything from wine to bourbon to schnapps. But the most important thing about making boozy popsicles is the ratio of alcohol to the mixer.
As you know, alcohol doesn't freeze, so you need to add enough nonalcoholic liquid for the popsicles to freeze firm so you can remove them from the ice pop molds. Be sure to follow the measurements in the popsicle recipes for best results.
Your flavor options for these boozy treats are endless. Try some adults-only flavors like a lemon drop or watermelon margarita---even ice cream or pudding pops with a boozy kick. And you can add other ingredients including sliced fruit slike strawberries or peaches. Or pureed fruits like seedless watermelon, pineapple or mango.
Here are some more great ideas for mixers in your alcoholic popsicles:
- pineapple juice
- fresh-squeezed orange juice
- lime juice
- pomegranate juice
- milk or cream
- coconut milk
If you're looking to keep your boozy ice pop on the lighter side (low carb or under 100 calories), stick with lower carb options like vodka, gin, rum or tequila and use a sugar-free mixer with a squeeze of lemon or lime. A one-ounce shot of vodka, for example, has 64 calories and zero carbs.
With so many frozen treat ideas, it's hard to choose. But no matter what flavor you make, these boozy frozen pops will make your summer feel like vacation!
RELATED: How To Make Boozy Shamrock Shakes
Boozy Popsicle Recipes to Try
Here are 20+ easy-to-make adult popsicles to help you beat the heat this summer:
- Strawberry Winesicles from coastalwandering.com
- Boozy Pina Colada Popsicles from noshandnourish.com
- Strawberry Margarita Popsicles from justataste.com
- Bahama Mama Ice Pops from diethood.com
- Pineapple Ice Pops from sweetandsavorybyshinee.com
- Boozy Nutella Popsicles from foodfanatic.com
- Peach Sangria Popsicles Served In Prosecco from asideofsweet.com
- Patriotic Boozy Popsicles from theafropolitanmom.com
- Strawberry Kiwi Mojito Popsicles from nospoonnecessary.com
- Blueberry & Moscato Boozy Popsicles from diycandy.com
- Spicy Tequila Sunrise Popsicles from floatingkitchen.net
- Adult Screwdriver Cocktail Popsicles from tammileetips.com
- Watermelon Berry Mojito Popsicles from noshandnourish.com
- Tropical Tequila Sunrise Popsicles from realfoodbydad.com
- Watermelon Mojito Popsicles from ifyougiveablondeakitchen.com
- Boozy Aperol Spritz Popsicles from bourbonandhoney.com
- Strawberry & Mango Gin And Tonic Popsicles from nospoonnecessary.com
- Rum & Coke Boozy Popsicles from simplisticallyliving.com
- Raspberry Gin Fizz Boozy Popsicles from nospoonnecessary.com
- Peach Sangria Popsicles from justataste.com
- Frozen Margarita Popsicle from theendlessmeal.com
Did we miss any of your favorite boozy popsicle flavors? What's your go-to frozen summer cocktail?